Saturday, December 19, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Traditions, Day 4: Santa Claus Nail Art (40 Great Nail Art Ideas: Christmas)

So... I had an epiphany and didn't post yesterday.
It was the last 'official' school day and I needed a breather. 

As in, instead of coming home after a work day, painting my nails, photographing them, editing pics and posting on the blog as per usual, I arranged dinner out with friends and BF with drinks at a bar after.

And you know what?! I had a blast, laughed loads and had a great time. And when I went to bed, I felt tired but a different kind of tired - good tired :)

And today when I sat to paint my nails, I did it with more energy, motivation and creativity. Sometimes we forget to take a breather. Yes, we can be silly that way. Any one here can relate?

Now that I explained the absence of a post yesterday, let's get it on with this double post for Digit-al Dozen Day 4 and 40GNAI:


Santa Claus Nail Art


These nails portray two family traditions: the first being Christmas PJs.
My parents always made sure both my sister and I had some sort of comforting present. 
It could either be socks or PJs or both.
And now that I'm a grown up I can fully appreciate these gifts - they're actually expensive items to purchase and to be honest, really, who here likes to go buy for them? They're so much better when gifted :)



cute christmas nails

The second tradition is Santa Claus. When my sister and I no longer believed he was real, Mom and Dad started dressing up as him to deliver the presents when the clock hit midnight.
And the cool thing was, once we got old enough, we'd alternate and we'd all dress up as Santa Claus each year.



Santa Claus Nail Art

This design was also perfect for this week's #40gnai prompt: Christmas, so yay!
 I painted all nails white with Wycon No.718 and stamped on all nails using Serenna No.002 and Born Pretty 01 stamping plate.
I then freehanded the Santa Claus face with acrylic paints, inspired by a design Glitzy Fingers
did back in 2013.


I hope you enjoy this cute look and make sure you have a look at all the other beautiful creations for this day.


Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *

Also, don't forget to see what Christmas manis the other Crumpet’s Nail Tarts prepared for today!

9 comments:

  1. Girl, you just made THIS girl smile! Haha, I just can't believe how cute this Santa is. I just want to grab his squishy face and give him a big hug! I love your Christmas traditions, especially dressing up as Santa, and of course nothing better than getting PJs for Christmas (loving these kind of gifts means we are really grown up women, no?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your Santa Claus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those stamping nails!! And yes, it's so important to take a breather. I'm glad you had a good time and got to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those trees make such a great pattern! And that Santa looks so good, I wish I had your freehand skills! I make a pretty big effort not to let the blog rule my life. I have so many posts I want to do but as soon as I start to get overwhelmed I just drop everything until I can get the energy again. It doesn't make me the best blogger, but I can only do so much. :) I'm glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, I'm so glad you took the time off you needed...sometimes a little time off to relax and enjoy other areas of our lives is so important! <3 <3 This manicure is just fabulous...I love the little trees! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute I love them! I definitely agree that I prefer being bought socks and pyjamas, it's a nice treat

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the most adorable Santa I've ever seen! And good for yeah taking a breather, we don't allow ourselves those too often but maybe we should!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love those whimsical Christmas trees! I'm glad you took a little breather and had some fun, that's SO important to do!

    ReplyDelete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...